Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Approching A New Age

Literally! My birthday is coming up. I am quite excited. I love birthdays and I love getting older. I love the collected knowledge one person can find in living another year and how that can shape the way one makes decisions that face them. It's a good feeling to know what we have accomplished and know what we aim for. Birthdays have always marked a big part of the year for me. Not only do they mark the coming of spring and me being another year closer to crows feet but for me they have recently marked a new tattoo. For the past several years I've awarded myself a tattoo on or near my birthday. Each one is very special to me and means a great deal about who I am and where I've been. This year will be no different and I am quite looking forward to it. My friend Damian has been celebrating his 30th year with a challenge of newness and it appears to be going quite well. You can follow his adventures much as i have thru his blog called "damians thirty year challenge". If you find yourself feeling like you've fallen into a bit of a rut his experiences of doing something new every single day might inspire you. It has me.. not that i've actually done anything about it but I do think about it quite a bit.

So in thinking about birthdays and new ages, today on my fathers birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! I LOVE YOU!) I reaquainted myself with the history of St. Patrick's Day and of course I will follow it up with a toast later this evening.

xo

No comments: